Dear Dam East Homeowners:
The Association has made many strides to improve Dam East HOA, but it just the beginning to build a platform for years to come. The Board has been committed to improve curb appeal and continue to increase property value in your community. The Board has sent out draft governing documents in this mailing: Declaration of Covenants, Bylaws, and Articles of Incorporation. Most owners are probably asking why is our Board presenting these documents to us? First, we would like to note that your Board of Directors and Document Committee spent a significant amount of time reviewing these documents to create the best possible documents for the wellbeing of the community.
The original governing documents for Dam East HOA were prepared in the early 1970’s by the developer of the community to protect the developer’s interests and to reflect how the developer anticipated that the community would operate. Communities generally change with time, and the residents’ vision of their community may not be the same as the developer’s vision 48 years ago. While the original governing documents for Dam East HOA may have been “state of the art” at the time they were prepared, they no longer reflect the current state of the law and could better represent community governance.
Below are a few general reasons the documents should be amended:
● To eliminate obsolete provisions.
● To eliminate provisions no longer observed or enforced.
● To eliminate provisions that conflict with current laws.
● To update provisions required by the Department of Real Estate.
● To eliminate developer privileges no longer being used.
● To improve poorly drafted documents by clarifying ambiguous provisions.
● To tailor documents to fit the living experience of owner/members.
● To make documents more “user friendly” with added organization including a table of contents and descriptive paragraph headings, etc.
● To eliminate or correct mistakes and errors.
The Association will have question and answer session on the proposed governing documents at the meeting to be held at 6:00 p.m. on January 13, 2020 at the Dam East Clubhouse. The purpose of the meeting is to address questions and receive comments that owners may have regarding the proposed governing documents. Since Aurora Realtor Office is closed in January, we try to make the clubhouse space work. If you are unable to attend this meeting, but have questions that you would like addressed, please put your questions in writing and forward them to the Association’s managing agent, Ron Koch at Cherry Creek HOA Professionals. Even if you plan to attend the meeting, we encourage you to put your questions in writing and direct them to Ron at his email address, Ron@cchoapros.com. The Association will ensure that all written questions are addressed at the meeting, but will allow us to go through each question promptly to utilize the time we have allocated.
Dam East Board of Directors